30 November 2012

87 Dollars for 87 steps...

We had to laugh yesterday as we came around the corner from where we boarded the "Hop on Hop off Bus" the day before. "You see that green bus stop sign", that's where we hopped on the bus that cost $87 for a 2 day pass to go to the "Notre Dame". Yep if we had of turned around we would have only had to walk about 87 steps, oh well... all part of the experience as they say. Our 2 day pass got us to the Markets & Arc de Triomphe, I am sure a taxi would have been much cheaper, oh well you live and learn. Lol.

Priceless.....


My "PANIC ATTACK" boy I wished I knew more French. To warm up we headed into a local Mc Donald's to have a cuppa & go to the toilet. All was going well until I tried to open the door of the toilet, "Oh no I am locked in....it won't open." So trying to stay calm I started banging on the door yelling "excusie excusie!!" A lady tried to help me from the other side, not knowing what she was saying, I just banged louder hoping she would get some universal message of "HELP". Well it worked security came and opened the door for me. All this time Paul having no idea of what I was going through and just patiently waited outside for me.



2 comments:

  1. God Michelle I have always worried about toilet locks and usually check them....a nightmare! Oh well all turned out okay and as for the Notre Dame incident, nearly died laughing at that one...priceless!!! It's all part of the fun isn't it, just knew you two would have a ball!
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracy well I don't think I have ever laugh as much as I have since we arrived in Paris. The one thing Paul & I both love is there love for dogs. They go everywhere inside shops & restaurants absolutely everywhere. I love those warm grates they are just so lovely standing on them.hoping to get some shopping in today so fingers crossed. We have learnt so much already on traveling so next time will have a better understanding on what I need to do. We are having so much fun.....

    ReplyDelete