26 November 2012

Strolling through the streets of Paris...

Gosh the parking here is nothing short of amazing, how they manage to get in and out of car parks I will never know. On the drive to our hotel, the traffic seemed to be about 1 inch away from each other and yet managed to just push through each other. But in some strange way it works and they didn't seem to be stressed or angry and just rolled with it.

We walked through the little cobblestone streets of Paris, just overwhelmed by it all. We had been walking for almost a hour and Paul says "Do you know where we are?"  We both looked at each other and thought gosh. we forgot the name of the place we are staying in and had no idea of the name of the street either. With google maps printed off, but still in our room, we decided it was time to try and find our hotel and have dinner. Thankfully we found our way back pretty easily, but those google maps are in my bag now.

Paul enjoying a croissant in Paris


We found a little cafe, not hard to find here as there seems to be cafe's on every street corner. The Patisserie shops are amazing, works of art. They have signs up no pictures, I managed to get a few pics. We sat down for dinner and looked at the menu and surprise everything was in French, where's Tracy when you need her. After many giggles and a few language barriers, we got English menu's. The meal was lovely and large servings, bread came in a little steel bucket.

Dinning out in Paris



2 comments:

  1. You wouldn't believe how many times I have gone on to your blog looking for your first Paris post!!! I hope you love it there, Paul certainly looks like he's enjoying his croissant! Try the chocolate type.....fantastic! Keep the pics coming I'm hooked!
    Trace x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good to me,thank goodness to google maps? I'm doing my damnedest to convince myself that I know what I'm doing re posting comments?
    It's a worry love Mum &Pop

    ReplyDelete