30 November 2012

The Louvre...

Day 4 in Paris, so today we planned to slow it down as we have been going non stop. Our plans were to go to the Louvre, do some shopping and see the Arc de Triomphe at night. After spending 6 hours walking around the Louvre in awe of everything the Louvre has to offer. The Louvre is the worlds third largest museum, building it commenced in the 1100's and was completed in the 1900's. If you spent 3 seconds viewing each exhibit, 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, you would be there for just over 3 months!!! We also saw the Mona Lisa, I couldnt believe we were actually in front of this amazing piece of art.

Mona Lisa...

Sphinx...

Artwork on the ceiling at the Louvre...


It has been frustrating waiting for people to move on so I can take a photo of things, Paul has mastered the art of moving people on, he just goes and stands next to them and smiles. Like magic they just disappear.

I have decided to listen to my body and call it quits for today head back to our room and have a rest. I am sure a bit of R&R will make the world of difference. With thousands of steps climbed and thousands of miles walked, A bit of R&R is well deserved. Au revoir.



4 comments:

  1. I understand the need for a rest! Paris is just the best place and so much to do and see, you must be meeting Magali soon I guess, say hello for me! Hope she takes you to Galleries Lafayette!
    (Girl heaven)
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour Tracy. We hope to meet Magali tonight waiting for her reply. Paul & I have both fallen in love with Paris it sure is a special place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes she'll we can see why you both have fallen in love with Paris , and those night shots are just spectacular .
    Love Mum & Pop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes well let me just say that Paul & I have not stop smiling & laughing since we arrived....only a few tanties along the way....lol

    ReplyDelete