21 December 2012

A380 & Business Class Nice.......

So when we check out from our hotel, we get a taxi to the airport, I am sure we got Mario Andretti's daughter. OMG we were doing speeds over 180kmph & get this, we were driving directly behind the Police!!! Paul's side had no seat belt.....so imagine the picture of me in my last post pulling out my hair, well that was me this morning but with my eyes closed lol. Just like a scene from the Italian Job.....

We arrive at Rome airport too see if we can get a earlier flight, sure enough we do & Paul jokes & asks "any free upgrades" (she just laughed & smiled). This flight is also on another A380 these are lovely big planes. So we check our luggage in & get our tickets & we start to leave, the lady from the desk calls us back & starts talking in italian on her phone & then rips up our tickets!!!! We have just UPGRADED you both to business class nice... I guess it pays to ask for a free upgrade. Now that we are in business class we get fast tracked through security & customs nice....just the icing on the cake for us, we still cant believe it. We go to our gate & there is a train, WHAT THE?......& head back as there is no way we are missing our flight in Business Class... We have also found the train takes you out to the gate. We also found out if you are a skywards member (which we are) & they are over booked in economy they bump you up to Business Class nice....

The funny thing is Paul & I were fighting over who got the window seat, now we don't care....lol. It's funny how a few words "BUSINESS CLASS" can change things....

I am sending this from the A380 while we are flying, Internet access nice.....



Check out the smile.....

Business Class nice....

Fast Track Nice....

This is Nice....

Paul says he is never flying economy again...


So a extra 6 hours in Dubai I think now we have about 11 hours in total..... Paul said what about sleep, I replied "sleep who needs sleep when you can shop in Dubai, Hello Christmas shopping". Now this will be fun as some of you would know this is a massive airport filled with shops galore all duty freeeeeee.



7 comments:

  1. Paul you are the ultimate salesman. Loved the smiles you lucky buggers.
    Enjoy your shopping. Looking really forward to seeing you both on Christmas day. Love Mum and Dad XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We found out that it cost $3000 each to upgrade not bad at all. Business class was so nice....I keep saying nice cause that's what it is lol

      Delete
  2. Unbelievable Michelle, it certainly pays not to be backward in coming forward. I am sure it is Paul's smile which wins them over. Good on you. It should help the long trip to be more enjoyable. Enjoy the shopping in Dubai. See you soon.........Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul always says it never hurts to ask, so he does.....
      We even got a business class bus we we got off the plane, ahhh wish I had lots of money cause it sure was nice & very easy flying business class.

      Be home soon

      Michelle

      Delete
  3. I loved Business class too but when you check out the price....... economy class sounds perfectly okay LOL!!!!!!Lap it up I say!!!! You look like you might be doing just that, great pics of course!!! Paul is the all time charmer/salesman! I might borrow him if I buy some expensive jewellery one day and see what he can do!!!! LOL
    You two have the best flight and enjoy Dubai!!!
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well we have found out that we might be getting another upgrade on this next flight as well, as Paul told them it was our 20th Wedding Aniversary & they said they would do there best. Fingers crossed.....
    Tracy I have put a video up on Facebook of me check it out.

    Be home soon nearly half way now. Oh & Dubai has 25% off further until 7am I have bought 3 bottles of perfume so far...still looking lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent post on business class..thanks for sharing the post..
    Discount to a380 business class

    ReplyDelete