2 December 2012

Statue of Liberty & Shopping...

Day 6 in Paris, our last full day here. Returning to the Mosquee today for some fine tea, so we arrive at the Mosquee to find it open. We go to pay to enter, and are told cash only no cards... Yep we where all out of euros, so no tea for me. We then headed for the Statue of Liberty. The Statue of Liberty in New York was a gift from France, the one in France is a much smaller then the one in New York.

Paul has been great googling things to do the night before, on things to do. Working out where to get off so I get get better pictures. He also fills me in about the sights we are going to see, as he has read all about it the night before. Paul has become quite the tour guide.

The Statue of Liberty was great to see and the Eiffel Tower behind her made for some great pictures. 2 for 1 deal!!!

Statue of Liberty in Paris...

Statue of Liberty & The Eiffel Tower...


So hitting the shopping strip for one last time was great, we both were good as we only looked and certainly could have gone to town with our cards here. I liked one of the bags in this window, so I popped in to see how much it was, $530 euro... So it's still in the window. I then came across another cute little black and white bag, only $20 from a dodgy looking street hawker. This bag was very much me, but the women in front of me bought it, so it wasn't meant to be.

A Window just for me...

So as the sunsets in Paris so does our stay in Paris. Tomorrow we board the Eurostar and head to London. We both have fallen in love with Paris, as each day passed our love grew more and more. We have managed to stay under budget so far which is great. I was good only treating myself with a yummy treat on my first and last day. We were blessed with great weather only raining once for a hour or so, with a low of -2 degrees, to a high of 8 degrees and a wind chill factor of bloody freezing.

Au revoir Paris...

My tip would be don't wear dangly earrings as every time you turn your head, freezing wire hits your neck and gets caught in your scarf.

Paul's tip would be if there is no fridge in the room, don't worry use the balcony...

Paul's fridge...


10 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle loved the post! I always use the balcony for cold things too or outside the window basically, it's so "bloody freezing" as you say LOL so it stays cold! I just love that pic of you with the bags in the window...so you!!!!!! Glad you love my favourite city, it's just great isn't it!!! Look forward to London posts, Scott is there too maybe you'll see him tomorrow! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracy I have some many wonderful memories & funny stories of our time hear. The metro is amazing basically $1.70 to get anywhere in Paris. We certainly are learning a lot about travelling as we go along.we are having the time of our lives. Glad your leaving comments as I look forward to what you think.
    Well that would be funny if I see Scott in London, will keep my eye out for him.
    Take care chat soon
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merci beau coup (hope I have spelt it right) for sharing your memories and pics with us. We look forward each evening to see what you have been up to. Needless to say we get tired just reading about it, oh to be young again. It comes through loud and clear how much you have enjoyed and love Paris, you are a good travelling team with your individual skills. Agree with Tracy, Shell outside the bag shop is so you. When you are in London, if you go to the war museum at the top of the stairs is a picture of Granddad with others when he was a gym instructor. Looking forward to your journey to London. Our love to you both, God bless and
    Au revoir. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks we have enjoyed sharing only some memories, as we have so many stories & funny moments it is hard to pick just a few....but some stand out loud & clear like my panic attack & Paul's 87 steps story......
      Paul has come so close to been taken out by push bikes with only a inch to spare, thankfully no mishaps.
      We are looking forward to hopping on the Eurostar it's just all one BIG ADVENTURE for us.
      Paul said the war museum will be a must stop, so we will take some photos. If you have more details for us please email them to me.
      We are just about to check out of our hotel & head to the Eurostar, so till next time TALLY HO OLD CHAP.....lol
      Paul has been speaking all morning with a strong British accent...oh god help me....
      Love Shell & Paul

      Delete
  4. Hi Michelle
    Just love reading your blogg to see what you have been up to. You have taken some spectacular shots. I can see you going back to Paris one day for some more experiences I am sure. There is just so much to see and it is so pretty. How could you tire of it. Dakota would love to see the cinderella coach. The lighting is just magical isn't it? We have been showing Steph around Brisbane today where the temperature was about 32 degrees, needless to say we made sure she had plenty of sun screen on. You have done so well to handle those cold temperatures over there.
    Can't wait to see your London photos now. Sorry to hear that Magali couldn't catch up with you....maybe next time.........Love Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan just going over my blog & missed a few comments...oops
      Paris we will be going back for sure. I can't believe how much there is too see. Such beauty I understand why Tracy has learnt French now, as to speak the language as well would be so helpful, but we managed.

      Delete
  5. Hi Michelle
    Just started a new blog...I found out that you run out of storage space after 2 blogs and then go on a plan, $2.49 per month to get 25GBs extra. Pretty cheap really, I'm hooked so am back in the land of the Blogger! I found out because I couldn't upload photos to my new blog and then a message came up.
    Will be checking in again on your blog tomorrow as can't wait to see London pics!
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg shell love what paul did for fridge lol missing you , love leanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's Paul for you, always the idea man lol....

      Delete