1 December 2012

Climbing Arc de Triomphe & Cruising the River Seine...

Day 5 in Paris, now that we are world travellers lol. We have learnt so much, so with google maps and screen shots of directions on my phone before we head out. First stop the Grande Mosquee where they serve the finest tea, when we get there, it's closed on Fridays!!! Off to a good start, next up some shopping, as we popped out of a different exit from the Metro, we got a little lost (again), but stumbled across another amazing church (Saint Augustine) along the way, what a find! So not seeing any shops near us at all Paul says "Ok we move on to the next thing". But wait... my shopper instinct kicks in and I take over, I say "It's this way" Paul says "are you sure." I giggle & say "No matter where in the world I am, I can always find shops" and "Wellah" shopping heaven straight ahead. I tell you this place is girlie heaven, with the right credit cards a girl could have some serious fun here. Every famous brand you have ever heard of and more. It's a shame the credit cards I have stipulate I need no-name brands...So a mint Tea & a cookie is all I bought from girlie heaven. To see these shops and every little detail was truly like nothing I had ever seen before. From Pink tower macaroons, window displays that seem to captivate every one that walk past, and the feature displays out of this world. The Au Pritemps is amazing shopping, a shoppers dream...



Just like a fairy tale...

Window display with detail to perfection...



We went across to lle Saint-Louis a little island in the middle of The River Seine for some shopping and strolling through the street, as per Tracy's recommendation, thanks for tip it was lovely. We had lunch on the island just soaking in all the surroundings.

We did a sunset river cruise of the River Seine, it was so pretty seeing the sun setting over Paris and all the buildings come alive with lights.

Sunset over Paris...


I wanted to see the Arc de Triomphe at night, so after our cruise we headed straight there. Paul surprised me as he come back with 2 tickets to climb the Arc De Triomphe, and boy was it spectacular seeing Paris of a night up so high and just looking for miles. There are 284 steps to the top which spiral all the way to the top.


Arc de Triomphe by night...

Spiral staircase...


Beneath the Arc de Triomphe is the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier from World War 1. It burns in memory of the dead who were never identified (now in both world wars)

The Eternal Flame...


4 comments:

  1. Another great set of pics! I still have to go to the top of The Arc de Triomphe! The elevator was broken the day I went last time...perhaps next visit. I don't think you'll want to leave Paris..it's so lovely we always want to return, I think you'll be the same by the sound of it! Missing you here!
    trace

    ReplyDelete
  2. No elevator for us just 284 very winding steps, but well worth it. We have had no line ups for anything which has been great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. all so pretty shell , and what a carriage love it , love leanne xoxox

    ReplyDelete