8 December 2012

Homeless at Heathrow Airport.......

Day 6 in London, we say bye to London & head for the snow in Switzerland......the day is very cold & raining here in London we where blessed with pretty good weather again just bloody cold & windy & yep wind chill factor of bloody freezing...lol.. So Paul has organised fix pricing airport pick ups, he has become quiet handy to have.....lol & must have. We arrive at Heathrow Airport, it's so big even a "Harrods" here. So checking in & oh no, no seats together oh joy!!!

Shell at Heathrow Aiport.....


So we checked in our luggage, gone hopefully not lost...lol. We head to security where I have to take off my jacket & my boots & walk through in my tights, on those dirty floors.....eww. Surprize surprise I am through & able to get dressed again. Paul's chap stick & chewing gum, gone never to be seen again..We look for customs here, who knew there was no customs at check in, at Heathrow, us now....

UPDATE!!! Geneva airport closed all flights delayed, & having to re book everyone back on flights, oh pray to god my luggage finds me...lol. Tracy stop giggling, I can hear you as I sit here at Heathrow, I have heard a similar story to this.....& wait it gets better... When we repacked our bags this morning we didn't pack a spare set of clothes in each others carry on luggage!!! Tracy, stop saying I told you so...lol

So now all flights are cancelled to Geneva, due to heavy snow fall. So back we go through customs, getting our luggage & head back to check in (at least it didn't get lost). Take 2... all flights to Geneva now fully booked & we are on stand by for the last 3 flights of the day, fingers crossed they open Geneva..... Tracy I can hear your giggle getting louder.....this is not what we were hoping for at all. If we do make to Geneva tonight, we don't even know if the train will be still going....

I noticed today, that those people who had connecting flights were getting preference. So after we didn't make the first stand by flight, I decide to play the game. I go to the help desk & tell her I have a connecting train to catch in the morning, thinking if I said a flight she may have checked. If I don't get to Geneva tonight it will have a ripple effect on the rest of my trip. Wellah....Mrs Graham would come this way & we will check you in on the next flight & go through fast track!!!! I told her we couldn't get onto the Internet to let our Hotel know what was happening, she was so kind to tell us what bar to stand nearby, & gave us the password to connect. We go through security & they take my bag & ask me to open it up, they took swabs & then let us continue on our way to the gate.

We got the second last flight out for the day, 10hrs at Heathrow, what the.....We got there early so we wouldnt miss our flight. So our rolls were reversed today, can you believe it, I was the calm one today & Paul was stressed. I know weird hey, me the worry wart!!! So sitting in the plane & the captain informs us "still snow issues in Geneva, but never mind we got extra fuel on board to cope with the situation".....Yeh will maybe my stress levels are rising now.....well our push back vehicle has broken down, they have to get an engineer in to check it out!!! Can you believe it, I don't want to know what else could go wrong...Opps now we are being told it will take 35 mins before we can take off. Ahh maybe luck is headed our way, we have been cleared for take off in 5mins....yippee....

As we are arriving into the airport, I can see snow falling..... We arrive at the airport not knowing which direction to go & nobody to ask, oh what joy. So I decide to take control follow the train signs, still nobody so hop on first class train & hope for the best. As we managed to buy a ticket at the machine second class. Figured with day we had we belonged in first class... We should arrive in Montreux by midnight if all goes well.

Well I think this is the most eventful post to date, wouldn't you agree???



6 comments:

  1. Oh Gosh Michelle, I can't believe it!!!! It's like a mirror image of our Heathrow experience! Did you buy a china mug from Harrods? I always manage a shop even when under pressure LOL Hope your luggage makes it with you, it was because we had to change airlines there was a mix up so you might be okay! Fingers crossed for you! No matter what it's all exciting but these delays cause stress!!!!!! Can't wait to hear all of it when you come home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I thought oh no......this is not going to be good at all. But all about of the expience as I say.....
      No I bought nothing at Harrods just looked...

      Delete
  2. Well Michelle sounds like you've made it! I understand the stress part! I was so tired after flying from Montreal and then the 11 1/2 hr wait at Heathrow! We really have experienced a very similar event at that Airport!!! Hope this next part is picturesque and lovely for you!!! Enjoy!
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Gstaad is just magical....have forgot about yesterday already......

      Delete
  3. Hi she'll & Paul,
    What a day a long long day we do hope you have made it and look forward to some great pics and stories!!
    Love Mum & Pop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mum & Dad, yes wait until you hear about today's blog, yesterday is now a distant memory! Pics & views are the best I've seen. You have to put this place on your bucket list.
      Love Paul xxx

      Delete