3 December 2012

France to London...

Day 1 in London, so Paul has woken up with a strong British accent, tally ho, alright old chap, time for a lager and bangers & mash!!! Oh this is going to be fun... We got to the station to catch the Eurostar. It's strange as you get your passport stamped to say you are leaving France and 5 metres further they stamp your passport to say you have entered London. It was quite enjoyable sitting back on the train it was very quiet as most people slept, including me. but the new Pom (Paul) drank free beer to pass the time.

I guess this is what Tracy meant, when she said "No one ever comes back from holidays wishing they had of packed heavier" Lol.

Oh how am I ever going to do the zips up...?


So as we say see you again, not bye


So we arrive in London walk out side the station, red double decker buses and black taxis's. Just what I was expecting. So we hop in a taxi to go to our hotel, about a 15 min ride and 40 times the driver said "You know what I mean" oh Pom Paul will fit right in here. Harrods is only about a 20 minute walk from our hotel, nice you know what I mean, lol. Oh no I have started to Pom Michelle.

Here we go, hello London...


We cracked up laughing the toilet here is insane, with only inches from the wall this will be interesting... again it's all apart of the experience. I am sure if you google worlds smallest toilet, our toilet would appear...

What the...



London is a different type of cold, bitterly cold, dampness so cold, yep freezing. At 4pm it was dark, we have decided not to venture out much at night. The buildings here a lit very pretty, different colours on the buildings. The streets just glowed, you will have to take my word on this. As my hands were frozen in my jacket pockets and my camera lens frozen shut. I did say it was cold here. You know what I mean!

How appropriate we have checked into faulty Towers in London. I had a shower and couldn't turn the water off, oh what next...



8 comments:

  1. Hi well I was in the kitchen and heard this big laugh from the computer room....Stephen had just seen your toilet!. Needless to say we both cracked right up!!! Hilarious, is that the shower curtain right behind it too? This sounds like such a fun trip...loving it from here!
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trace yep that's the shower as well, the things I do to stay on budget lol......
    So cold here the coldest I have ever experienced, glad you are enjoying the blog trying to capture each day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shell just loving this Illustrated Book and welcome to my old country,have fun.
    Mum & Pop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One thing is for sure is bloody cold, brrrrr......brrrr
      Glad your enjoying the blog.
      Love Shell

      Delete
  4. Michelle
    Can't wait to see what you discover in London. Good bathroom shot.......I remember one bathroom on our travels through England and the toilet was literally on a throne. We had to step up to it. You know you are really in England if you experience that. Am sure you will both have lots of fun in London. We found the Poms very helpful in London..........Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes well that toilet I certainly won't miss it, I can say for sure.
      As for the Poms they all seem very nice, but we giggle when we sit & listen to them talk.....you know what I mean....lol oh I can't help myself.....

      Delete
  5. Paul, Granddad's photo is at Suffolk Regiment Museum, @ The Keep Gibralta Barracks, Newmarket Rd Suffolk County. It is only open on the 1st and 3rd Wed each month and the 1st Sunday. Uncle Pete said its a 2 to 3 hour drive from London. Granddad actually enlisted there when he joined the army at the tender age of 15. It would be nice if you see it but if you cant make it of course we understand. I like the way you are both becoming Poms so quickly, must be something about the genes. Shell probably gets hers through a convict somewhere along the line. Love to you both Mum and Dad XXXX Love the toilet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a pity, we won't be able to see it. I agree she does have convict blood in her as she did steal my heart... And somewhere else down the line she is royalty as she is my Princess.
      I can't believe Grandad enlisted at such an early age, 15yrs old, what a brave young man!!!

      Love Paul

      Delete