11 December 2012

Gondola & doubling up in Venice.....

Day 2 in Venice, Paul says "its going to be a beautiful day in Venice 7 degrees & Sunny. So no need for gloves, scarf or beanie". So I decided not to listen to Paul's advice & I double up with my tights & scarves. With no plans set for the day we head off, about 2 hours later Paul's ears are frozen, he has no feeling in his fingers, & I cant stop laughing as I remind him saying no need for gloves, scarf or beanie today. Even our teeth are cold, I didn't even think that was possible... So we head back to our hotel, where Paul gets scarf beanie & gloves, on our way back from the hotel a gondolier asked if we would like to ride in a gondola, Paul asks about pricing & we continue on. I said to Paul his gondola looked pretty & its a lovely day I think we should go back & go on a gondola today while the weather perfect, remember 7 degrees & sunny lol...

Today was a very relaxing day as just strolled the streets of Venice looking at shops, stalls & hopped on the gondola.... The photo of the "Bridge of Sigh's" history is, it links between Doges Palace & the Prigioni (Prison) though many tourists think this bridge & its name is romantic- it was there to offer the Prisoners of the Venetian Republic a final opportunity to view the city before they were led to their cells or to the executioner.



20 years later & still smiling....

Just amazing.....


Us in front of the Bridge of Sighs....

Look it's me in Venice....


Panoramic View.....

4 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle
    A big congratulations to you both! It is so good to see you in Venice finally, a place you have wanted to visit for a long time. It must bring back memories of when Paul proposed to you. So glad to hear you finally found your hotel. We found some of the Italians weren't as helpful, hope you find otherwise. Magical photos all the way, enjoying your blogg so much. ... Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the places we have visited are so different, Venice seems to be very slow paced. Very pretty & the Italians have been great as well. The one thing we have picked up on, is they are very respectful of the elderly here, which is lovely. They all seem to stop & help them always with a smile....

      Delete
  2. Hi Michelle
    I just love the panorama shot, just so nice. You have some wonderful photos, I can see photo books and canvases being ordered left, right and centre on your return! LOL So sorry you didn't get the guy that steered our gondola, you'd have stacks more photos if you did! LOL He's on our wall at home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look for your guy Tracy but couldn't seem him, but I did get some great shots anyway. I can now say been on a gondola in Venice......
    I am already checking out the deals on snapfish, you know me too well........

    ReplyDelete